Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sassy Cheryl's Challenge

Hello to everyone in blog land.. Hopefully Blogger is treating you well now. It was a real bear last week, right? Everything just seemed to disappear!

This week at Sassy Cheryls' challenge, Sassy Jeni (our little Flip-Flop) is hostessing a challenge to color our image on Kraft paper. Well... you should have heard all of the rustle and bustle in the group as we tried to get our arms around it. Initially, everyone was at a loss as to what to do. But, you know what.. it turned out so darn well!  You should check out all of the creations at the challenge blog.

I elected to use this darling Sassy image...



I colored her with Prisma Pencils... masked the image and chalked the background with a light green and aqua chalk ink (Versa Magic and Color Box Pigment Cat's Eyes) to create an illusion of a frame. I chose a ribbon from my ever-growing stash (I think my ribbon supply multiples like the hangers in my closet).

And, after a bit of apprehension for me (and my fellow Sassy team mates), I think this turned out great. It's a technique I'll certainly try again and again.

'Hope you will join us this week.. Sassy Cheryl is a very generous boss and she gives away a $5 gift certificate to her shop each week to one lucky randomly-selected participant.. and also sponsors a lot of challenges.

12 comments:

Sassy Cheryl said...

Our little Flip-Flop. That's adorable. Jeni is such a crazy girl and loves to challenge people. :)

Your card is AMAZING Peggy. This is just too stinkin' cute.I just love it. What a great Thank you card. Love it my Peggy!

Betty Benton said...

Just came from Dawn's blog -- both of your cards definitely have the WOW factor -- the "coloring on kraft" technique is definitely a Keeper!

Dawn said...

I love your "frame" Peggy! And she's adorable!! Yup, great challenge!

Kim said...

such a sweet card Peggy!!!!!

Jeni said...

Oh Peggy, love they masking around the image. What a clever idea. Gorgeous as always girl! ~jeni :)

Cathy said...

Peggy, this is beautiful. Love your image and your coloring of it. The airbrushed sky and ground are really cool on the kraft but i LOVED the purple plaid ribbon.. and I don't even like purple :) Hugs to you GF Talk to you soon!!!

Dawn B. said...

I love pencils on craft. This is adorable. Have a great weekend.

jkreucher said...

Omgosh. this is absolutely adorable. I love the splash of color for the sky and your framing around her.
I don't think any of us have colored on kraft before.. I was a little nervous too..
but~wow~ each card in amazing, and for sure worth trying again.
your coloring is right on gf!
I love everything!
Hugs
Judy

Turtle In The Sand said...

Lovin those shades of purple. It just pops from the brown in the paper, That big bow is perfect.

Turtle In The Sand said...

Lovin those shades of purple. It just pops from the brown in the paper, That big bow is perfect.

Ann English said...

Oh, how I love this card, Peggy! So soft and sweet!

Tracy said...

This card is amazing... so funny that we were all apprehensive on this challenge!!
Hugs
Tracy

Favorite Quotes

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel". - Maya Angelou

Visitors since March 2009

Blog Created by KLM Designs. For more information please contact me at klmdesignsofnh@yahoo.com

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP