Friday, February 12, 2010

The Zen of Coloring

Happy Friday everyone... I hope that you had a terrific day and a great weekend planned!

I was in the mood for some coloring today and the Zen-like trance I can get into. So, after a pretty busy week, I settled in the craft grotto with my Dr. Ph. Martin's watercolors and painted this snowman from Sassy Cheryl's digitals. Yes, I did color this same image earlier in the week, but I like the little guy so much that I had to do it again. You know I have a penchant for snowpeople.



I made this card using "The Conductor" from Sassy Cheryl's for a little tyke's upcoming birthday.. and, obviously, as you can see, he's going to be three years old. He's a little whip and knows how many fingers that is!


Guess I'm in a green and turquoise phase these days -- sure looks that way!

So tomorrow, Saturday, is another obscure holiday you might not want to miss.. it's Get a Different Name Day. It's a day when you get to pick a name other than the one given to you at birth. If you don't like your name, just pick another. I think I'll be 'Shirley' tomorrow as people always tell me that I look like Shirley MacLaine (when she was younger, of course!). What name will you pick?  I can hardly wait to hear and from what I know about many of my followers there will be some doozies!!

'Til next time.. happy crafting and be safe in all you do!

6 comments:

Cheryl J. Alger said...

Oh wow, Peggy. These are great. Shirley? That's my mom's name. Hmmmm. I don't know what I'd pick, maybe, Ashley....

Andrea said...

Hey there girl!! These are so cute! Love the coloring. It always relaxes me too!

eiyiyi said...

Well Shirley, you've done a beautiful job as always. Your painting and coloring are just so lovely to see. Those images and very, very cute as well. Thank you, oh great enabler. I really didn't have enough digis.

A new name, hmmmmm .... since I have gone all these years with a very Italian looking face and a very Irish (Eileen Mae-Bridgit) name, I think I shall be Antoinette for the day. You, of course, may call me Toni.

hugs to you pal, Toni

Lelia said...

Great cards, SHIRLEY! I love that snowman too and you colored him perfectly!

Pick a different name, eh? How about Nobama. I think that's a great name! :O)

Hugs,
Nobama aka Lelia

Heather said...

Cute, Cute ,Cute!! Love your boots..

Payne Holler Cards said...

love adult coloring LOL and you do it soooooo beautifully!!
new name Snow Hater ...(-:

Favorite Quotes

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel". - Maya Angelou

Visitors since March 2009

Blog Created by KLM Designs. For more information please contact me at klmdesignsofnh@yahoo.com

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP