Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bear Hugs for Mom

This image from the Dustin Pike collection of digital images is adorable, and it’s so perfect for just about any coloring technique you enjoy, and so much fun to work with. I happened to use Prisma and Lyra pencils (were you surprised??).


My Mom 'graduated to heaven' several years ago, and she is terribly missed. She would have loved to see me enjoying this hobby of mine as she supported me through so many others throughout the years. I could picture her making cards right along side of me.. she would have loved paper art.


With that in mind, I’m still making Mother’s Day cards as it’s perhaps the biggest card-making event of the year and I see so many beautiful cards on all of the blogs I visit. Also, my son, being a little short on moola these days, might need to go ‘shopping’ in my Craft Grotto where my latest cards are always on display...and pick out a card that I made… to give back to me! He-he!



Mom's Day

5 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Oh yes this is lovely I love how you have coloured that beautiful image aren't they cute. I have just got 2 more digi stamps from Dustin and can't wait to have a play.

Hugs
Lorraine
ps
Thank you for your comments left on my blog they are very precious to me.

Unknown said...

This is just the most adorable card. I guess I am going to have to check out that site.

Peggy said...

Another great one! You're so darn talented! ;o) You'd better give your son a large sticky note, unless you've made multiple ones . . . so you could actually "have" it back (for good)!

I understand about your Mom bein' there! I miss mine too. She's still supporting you, it's just in a "quieter" way now. :o)

Jennifer Scull said...

what a wonderful card! and how neat that you still make Mother's Day cards! I miss my dad terribly still and he has been gone over 16 years. but he still lives on in the stories I tell to my boys! and the same with your mom! :)

Judi M said...

Great coloring job on this image, Peggy. The ribbon looks like it was woven specifically to coordinate with your card. That bow is the perfect touch.

Favorite Quotes

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel". - Maya Angelou

Visitors since March 2009

Blog Created by KLM Designs. For more information please contact me at klmdesignsofnh@yahoo.com

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP