Monday, December 15, 2008

Craft Tips

Here's some tips that I've picked up along the way....

I love sticky tape... but!

This time of year it has a magnetic field around it.. and the red paper won't come off my hands... also, the tops of dimensionals stick to me and my work surfaces. To stop this, I used my snail tape on a piece of scrap paper, and on top of that I put some double stick tape. I adhere all of these little 'cling-ons' to the sticky tape and throw it away at the end of my craft session... as if that ever happens!! Hope this helps.


Got Glitter?

This is typically the time of year when we use glitter for so many of our projects. But then we find it everywhere on our clothing, work areas and even our skin. A 'swiffer' cloth works so well to clean up all of the glitter mess created. Try it next time.

Lots of Envelopes to seal?


Use a moistened sponge paint brush (sometimes these are on sale at 20/$1.00 at Michael's). Works well and is fast! Have you ever licked an envelope that actually tasted good?? I haven't.

Homemade Stamp Cleaner

I found this on a stamping website and wish I could remember where. My apologies to whoever did this... I would prefer to give credit for coming up with this great recipe for stamp cleaner.

Anyway, this solution really works... the writer claimed that it worked on Staz-on stains on very old stamps... so I had to try it. And wouldn't you know... it works VERY well. Here's the recipe:

(Reported to be close to Stampin’ Up! Stampin’ Mist)

2 Cups of Distilled water
1 Tablespoon Baby Magic Baby wash
2 Tablespoons Rose Water (you can find this at an Indian grocery store)

Taking Pictures for Blog Postings

I'm still learning about how to take good shots of my cards and various projects. By shutting off the flash on my camera I really improved the quality of my photos. 'Worked so much better than with the flash. Also, I learned that turning the card slightly at an angle made the view and exposure pretty good. I hope you will try this if you are having any difficulty with a good shot.

Using Pop Dots



I like using these pop dots... they are easy to handle. But don't throw away the grid when the dots are all gone. Cut up the grid and use them too! The grid on the right still has lots of good use left! Save a tree! Ok, so it's small...save a branch! There's nothing wrong with being a bit frugal! Enjoy.










No comments:

Favorite Quotes

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel". - Maya Angelou

Visitors since March 2009

Blog Created by KLM Designs. For more information please contact me at klmdesignsofnh@yahoo.com

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP