Monday, January 25, 2010

A Cute Little Dude!

Happy Monday everyone! Welcome to a new week. And, just in case you need something to celebrate, today is officially known as "Opposites Day". Don't ask me how they come up with this stuff... I have no clue and I just find some of these things hilarious. But you can read more about this obscure holiday here if you are so inclined. It's certainly not anywhere as funny as last Friday which was 'Measure Your Feet' day!!

 
I took some time this evening to finish up this project and a start a few others. This card definitely has a masculine feel and I certainly need cards like that on hand! I think I'll send this to my uncle for his upcoming 83rd birthday. He's our family patriarch...and I'm safe to post this... he's truly a relic, lives in the dark ages and doesn't own a computer!

 


 
He's a cute little dude... don't you think? I made this card with several challenges in mind...

 
My image was colored with Prisma pencils using OMS. Designer papers are from Basic Grey. Image from Whipper Snapper Designs. Hope you like it!

 
'Til next time, happy crafting and be safe in all you do!  Thanks so much for stopping by.

 

25 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Peggy dear, this is a delightful card and I'm sure your Uncle will love it! Your colouring is fab, as always. Have a super crafting week, hugs Sharon

Leann said...

Aaaaaaw, this is adorable!
Hugs x

Unknown said...

what a great card I love the image

Darlene said...

Oh my gosh .. how awesome is this creation! LOVE your coloring and your theme for this masculine card! Uncle's going to love it!!! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight. We do hope you come join us again next week!

Unknown said...

oh I like this card, its different, and yes it is a cute little dude LOL, and I also love the leaves escaping behind it is just a lovely card! TFS

JazzyH said...

Beautiful coloring!

eiyiyi said...

Wonderful card, Peggy. That embossed circle really sets it off. Great job as always, hugs, eileen

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh Peggy, this is an adorable "manly" card! love your coloring and layout and all the detail!
thanks for your encouraging comments on my blog! love them...will definitely be working on combining more challenges and will be checking yours out!
This day should be a holiday in my house since DH and I are opposites, LOL!

Heather said...

Gorgeous card, fantastic colours and papers, just perfect for that adorable image.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at BG.
hugs Heather & the DT team xx

Aunty Sue said...

more than like love it. really need to do more mens cards myself.

Unknown said...

Love the textured circle behind the "King" Dude!! If today is "opposite" day...then the opposite of me would be "A career-driven, feminist, always on the phone, spends too much time on her hair and not enough time learning about current events"...oooh that's not me at all...

Angie Williams said...

So cutGreat job!

Anonymous said...

Very cute little dude, indeed!

Erin... said...

Oh he's super fun!!! Great colors! Thanks for sharing it with us at Saturday Spotlight!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how sweet! I love your lion and your layout with the dry embossing. Gorgeous creation!! Thanks for joining us at the Sat. Spotlight this week.

Donnas Den said...

Love it, Peggy. Keep going with those masculine cards.

Donna x

Dana Jones said...

Gorgeous as always Pet, so cute. Love your coloring...you never cease to amaze me! I want to color like you when I grow up!

Dawn B. said...

This is so sweet. I love the rich earth tones..You did a great job coloring this Peggy...Happy Monday.

Deb M. said...

Beautiful card...your coloring is amazing. Thanks for stopping my blog. I enjoyed visiting your blog, your creations are inspiring. TFS!

HappyCrafter said...

What an awesome card, love the warm colours and the image is so cute!

Sherrie Reusch said...

I love all the different safari-like textures on your card. Awesome!

whoistracy said...

Oh Peggy this is just adorable!!!

Unknown said...

This is so adorable! I love all the texture.

MarkerGeek said...

Awesome, Peggy! I love it!

Thanks for joining in with us at Quixotic Challenges!

Payne Holler Cards said...

btw, have something for you over on my blog!

Favorite Quotes

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel". - Maya Angelou

Visitors since March 2009

Blog Created by KLM Designs. For more information please contact me at klmdesignsofnh@yahoo.com

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP