Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Another post

Yep.. two posts in one day... 'just a crazy lady doing some crafting overtime on a dark and dreary rainy day here in the mid-west.

I've got a few challenges from my Design DIVAS forum that I needed to post.. several of which are for our Secret Sister Challenges.

This first pic is for our Christmas tag challenge.... I think these could almost be tree decorations. I made this same tag last year and loved it so much I had to do it again. It's made with chipboard in the round nesties die... I antiqued one with tea dye and one with shabby shutters on music designer paper... I love that look.



This second item is for Julie's Challenge from several weeks ago. We were to make 'Lollipop' flowers. Well, I have to admit that I fretted over this one for weeks - you already know that if you have been following my posts. But this morning, knowing that our mailing date is quickly approaching, I had to get busy.

I took out some designer paper, tore pieces into circles, inked the edges with various distress inks, crumbled up the paper and 'worked' the paper until it was raised and three dimensional. I added Stickles Pink Pearls to the pink flower and while still wet, added small gold beads and a rhinestone. For the rust flower I added a simple pearl brad. So why did I fret over this project? Not sure why, because I kind of like the way these turned out. They might be perfect on a greeting card. Hope my secret sister likes them!



What do you think?  Have you tried Lollipop flowers yet? Don't be intimidated as I was.. jump in and try.

Thanks for stopping by and visiting.  Enjoy your day and be safe in all you do.
Huge hugs from here to there...

4 comments:

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Love your tags......and "lollipop" flowers... the embellishments set everything off perfectly.

dallasdig said...

FANTASTIC!!!!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

wooooo hoooo!!! love them both!!! TFS since I have still have both of these challenges to do and then done!!!!

Anonymous said...

Peggy, these are just gorgeous... I did think they were ornaments for sure... the flowers are so fun to make, glad you gave it a try. they turned out fantastic!
I might have to make some of these up for ornaments, its always nice to have little gifts for people stopping by through the holidays.
thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs
Judy
SCS~jaydekay

Favorite Quotes

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel". - Maya Angelou

Visitors since March 2009

Blog Created by KLM Designs. For more information please contact me at klmdesignsofnh@yahoo.com

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP