Wednesday, May 6, 2009

CSAYL Challenge #15

This week the Design Team created a challenge using colors far from the  traditional Christmas colors we are used to.  You can check out the challenge particulars here and see the inspiration piece that Maria selected.

So, since the colors are primarily jewel-tones (turquoise, emerald, ruby, sapphire, peridot, etc.) I elected to do my background using the Mosaic technique.

Challenge #15

After piecing the background, I distressed using Ranger’s Tea Dye and then put it through the Cuttlebug using the snowflake folder.  The image is from the Sandi Gore Evans collection of Uptown Rubber Stamps The sentiment is from Stampendous and I used SU Pacific Point. I colored the image using SU markers.

8 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

that snowman just makes me smile! he is so much fun! love the bright colors that you used!!!

coldwaters2 said...

Lovely Christmas card your background is lovely and love that cheeky snowman.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

lovely card. I didn't know Sandi Gore Evans had stamps. Is it digital or rubber? I love her images and her style.

Ally said...

What an adorable snowman! Love those colours as well.

Gina Lindsay said...

The bright colors really look good with this snowman image!

Amy J said...

Brr - this makes me cold! I love the colors you used!

Peggy said...

Oh my gosh . . . that 'lil snowman is just TOO CUTE! Where'd you get this?! My sister is in love with snowmen and would absolutely go nuts over it! Thanks #1!

Maria said...

Your card is gorgeous as always. Thank you for playing in the challenge again!! I love thst snowman. I think I actually have the stamp. Beautiful job with the colors! Love your coloring . . the stamp is perfect for multi-colors. Can't wait to see what you come up with next week! Hope to see you playing again!!

Maria

Favorite Quotes

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel". - Maya Angelou

Visitors since March 2009

Blog Created by KLM Designs. For more information please contact me at klmdesignsofnh@yahoo.com

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP